Sunday, September 23, 2012

Another Copy Cat



This is another blog where I review other people's blogs and steal their ideas.

Everyone seems to have followed the same progression in their twitter-verse. They start a twitter to keep in touch with friend and families and possibly that kid in school you love to judge. Then they moved on to celebrities and news sources. Or, if you're like Lindsay and I, Uberffacts. I love checking my twitter really quickly when I'm with friends and telling them the random facts that pop up on my feed.

Once again, Emma's expertise shined. She included screenshots of her twitter to go along with her post. I just put pictures of cute animals. But, who doesn't love cute animals? Maybe I could do both?

What's more impressive to me, though, is that she has found her voice. When she writes, he posts are consistent and sound like they are coming from a specific person. I feel as if I haven't quite found that voice yet. And, as I'm trying to be more concise, I feel as if I'm having an even harder time.

The other blogs also reminded me to start putting my twitter in to lists. I tried last week and got bored halfway through

Maybe I should finish the job.

Also, I'd like to add my twitter feed to my blog. (Maybe if I write it down, I'll actually do it).

The Voice of Vaughn's post really resonated with me this week as well, in terms of his complaints about following news sources. He complained of the apparent "waste of tweet" that many news sources seem to have, as their use of the instantaneous and constant platform of twitter seems to be a bit too constant. I believe that it is important to keep reminding your follower that you're there, but as many of the other students point out, your follower often stops reading if you badger them.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the exercise of blogging through your observations. I'd love to see more students in the class do this. (hint to any other students reading this post and comment- FOLLOW EMILY'S EXAMPLE)

    ReplyDelete